Tretinoin Cream

Tretinoin Cream

Friday, January 11, 2013

First Application

Washed my face this evening with Philosophy Purity Made Simple and then waited the recommended wait time of 30 minutes before applying Retin-A.  Because Retin-A is not supposed to be used when the skin is wet in any way I brushed my teeth first so no water would touch my face after application.

The white cream is very lightweight and greaseless.  Seems to dry, or absorb, quickly so I will have to work faster on future uses. The cream seems to have a very very very faint medicinal smell but I also have an extremely hyper-sensitive sense of smell; I imagine most people will not even notice this.  Once applied, I do not smell anything at all.

A half inch portion of the product, as recommended on the package insert, was indeed enough to cover my entire face (I will probably use a bit less in the future).  After I was done applying the cream to my face I wiped my hands over my neck then I thoroughly washed them with soap and water.

I do not feel any burning or tingling, nor do I see any redness.  My face appears matte (but not ghostly); I cannot see the product on my face.

As it is winter I usually moisturize at night with Philosophy Hope in a Jar (regular or dry skin formula depending on how dry my skin is) but since that can be somewhat “tingly” itself I think I will refrain from using it on the nights I use Retin-A.  This may change in time.

After 30 minutes of using the Retin-A, I applied Organic Passion Fruit Oil on my face and neck (my usual application).  There was no negative reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment